Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $44.50Trending at AU $52.90
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
About this product
- DescriptionThe book invites readers to a reexamination of Modern Hebrew literature and culture from complementary critical perspectives, through readings of texts from this corpus. Among the issues explored are the Eastern European Jewish and Central European Jewish versions of this literature and their battle for cultural hegemony; the narrative of rebirth, which requires a transitional, pagan developmental phase in which man and nation are united through primitive texts ; the challenges of literary occupied territory and the ghost language , Hebrew, with its religious baggage ; and South America on the map of recent Israeli literature.
- Author BiographyYigal Schwartz is Director of the Heksherim Research Institute for Jewish and Israeli Literature and Culture at Ben-Gurion University of the Negev. He is also senior editor at Kinneret Zmora Dvir Publishing.
- Author(s)Yigal Schwartz
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication15/12/2015
- SubjectLiterary Theory
- Series TitlePegisha - Begegnung. Pegisha - Encounters
- Series Part/Volume Number9
- Place of PublicationBern
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2015
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Weight330 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.