All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $30.69
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.22
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $22.86
- AU $18.22Trending at AU $22.04
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.00
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $13.67
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionThe Reckoning is the first-person account of one man, who answered duty's call during the Civil War, despite suffering from what doctors in that era called soldier's heart (PTSD). It's part history, part war-time romance and all n-stop action as army veteran Ed Canfield battles his own demons and deadly foes on every side. The action begins in 1861, the same year that Abe Lincoln wins the presidency with only 39.8 percent of the popular vote. The South prepares for war against the North. But, in Florida, ex-army sharpshooter, Ed Canfield, and his hotheaded son, Jesse, are already at war with each other. Ed bars Jesse from joining the rebel army because Ed is haunted by what he saw and did during the Mexican-American War. Then, a Yankee warship attacks their harbor and Ed and Jesse must take up arms. In a daring escape, the blockade runners dodge the Yankee shelling and head for the graveyard of the sea with its deadly shoals, smugglers, cutthroats and spies. They race down the gulf coast looking for a refugee camp where Ed hopes his girl friend, Maureen, has found safety. But, as they enter the steaming Everglades, the deadliest foe of all strikes.
- Author BiographyBob Larranaga lives on Florida's gulf coast, the setting for this fast-paced Civil War novel inspired by the Union blockade and the surprise attack on Cedar Keys during the War Between the States. Bob is the descendant of a Civil War soldier, a Key West shipwrecker and a Florida lighthouse keeper. He runs a web site and blog for civil war buffs, historians and civil war reenactors at www.theuscivilwar.info, and a Facebook page called the Civil War Hub.
- Author(s)Bob Larranaga
- Date of Publication31/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight336 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.