All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.73Trending at AU $24.66
- AU $125.98Trending at AU $129.71
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $182.59
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.74
- AU $34.18Trending at AU $38.94
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $19.66
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by Stephen Crane at the age of twenty-one, The Red Badge of Courage is one of the greatest war vels of all time -- so groundbreaking that critics consider it to be the first work of modern American fiction. Although Crane never witnessed warfare, The Red Badge of Courage is a realistic and terrifying account of the Civil War and the fear that a young soldier must face on the battlefield as well as within himself.
- Author BiographyStephen Crane (1871-1900) was born in New Jersey and was the last of fourteen children. While The Red Badge of Courage is considered Crane's masterpiece, he is also known for another brilliant yet grim work of fiction, Maggie, A Girl of the Streets (1893), as well as his poetry and journalism. Crane moved to Europe in 1897 and died in Germany at the age of twenty-nine from tuberculosis. Jim Murphy has written two Newbery Honor books: An American Plague: The True and Terrifying Story of Yellow Fever Epidemic of 1793 (which was also a National Book Award finalist) and The Great Fire. He lives in New Jersey. Visit his Web site at www.jimmurphybooks.com.
- Author(s)Stephen Crane
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication01/02/2005
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Series TitleAladdin Classics
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAladdin Paperbacks
- Out-of-print date28/10/2015
- Weight178 g
- Width142 mm
- Height186 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Foreword byJim Murphy
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.