Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionA small red ball that goes through the greatest of twentieth century tragedies to tell us of its experience...Is that so impossible? And yet...Sam, a small boy who lived happily with his father Joshua and his mother Sarah, was given that very ball for his birthday and it became his best friend. Then catastrophe struck: the Vel d'Hiv Roundup. This Jewish family was taken, with thousands of others, to join the road to horror. After days and nights of misery in wagons only fit for animals, they arrived at the sorting dock. Women, children and the elderly on one side, able-bodied men on the other...But the little red ball was there! Always. It carefully kept all the secrets, and brought hope...When, years later, Joshua's own granddaughter Lucy asked him to tell her his story, the red ball was still there, on her pillow, ready to share the experience... Extract from the preface by Raymond Aubrac.
- Author BiographyAuthor of tales, poems, articles for several youth magazines, songwriter and comic strip scriptwriter, Patrick Bousquet nurtures a passion for the history of the First and Second World Wars.
- Author(s)Patrick Bousquet
- Date of Publication04/03/2013
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationCully
- Country of PublicationFrance
- Content NoteText only
- Width130 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.