Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $70.92
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- Description'It's the first time in forty years. There are sw scenes from all around New Zealand--sw-covered houses, playgrounds, a group of children sliding down a hill on signs, the bucket fountain on Cuba Street lightly dusted.' In her first collection of stories, Gemma Bowker-Wright leads us into the phases of transition and transformation in people's lives: a dream job, a rare afteron between son and father, a man losing his wife to Alzheimer's, a first sw. Like the Red Queen of Through the Looking-Glass, many of these characters are running hard to stay in the same place, but moving ever forward. Their stories, which echo stories from evolution, ecology, and meteorology, form a deeply perceptive and captivating first book.
- Author BiographyGemma Bowker-Wright was brought up in the Hawkes Bay and currently lives in Wellington. She has a BSc and MSc from Victoria University and currently works at the Ministry for Primary Industries. In 2011 she completed the MA from the International Institute of Modern Letters and her short stories have been published in Metro, Sport and Hue & Cry. She was the winner of the 2010 Sunday Star-Times Short Story Competition and the 2011 BNZ Katherine Mansfield Competition for short fiction. The Red Queen is her first book.
- Author(s)Gemma Bowker-Wright
- PublisherVictoria University Press
- Date of Publication04/07/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationWellington
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- ImprintVictoria University Press
- Weight225 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.