Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $96.38Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
About this product
- DescriptionA SUSPENSEFUL, THOUGHTFUL, SEXY DEBUT... A psychological thriller that reveals the Ivory Tower to be a hothouse full of monstrous egos, where bullying thrives long past playground days and 'academic discipline' requires research skills of the detective kind. - Kate Manning, Author of My Notorious Life Sub-Genre Tags: Suspense, Women Sleuths, Romantic Suspense A famous journalism dean is found dead at the bottom of a stairwell. Accident or murder? The police suspect members of the faculty who had engaged in fierce quarrels with the dean-distinguished scholars who were kwn to attack the dean like brutal schoolyard bullies. When Meredith Red Solaris is appointed interim dean, the faculty suspects are furious. Will the beautiful red-haired professor be next? The case detective tries to protect her as he heads the investigation, but incoming threats lead him to believe Red's the next target for death. The Red Queen's Run is the first mystery in a trilogy about campus violence by former university professor, Bourne Morris. Praise for THE RED QUEEN'S RUN: Touching upon a very real subject, this author offers the perfect formula of suspects, mystery, and a handsome police detective to heat up Red's fire. The frightening part, however, is that the foundation of school violence has become just as angry and backstabbing as the political realm. This is a great read about what goes on behind those academic doors. - Suspense Magazine Morris has crafted a suspenseful, thoughtful, sexy debut...Her hero, Red Solaris, is vulnerable but tough, complex but straight-shooting, a woman learning how to wield power by remembering what it's like to have little of it. I'll read about her adventures anytime. Long live the Queen! - Christopher Coake, Author of You Came Back Morris proves herself a masterful storyteller in this compelling debut vel. The Red Queen's Run is compulsive reading as it takes on the ripped-from-the-headlines topic of campus violence. I can't wait to follow its smart new heroine, 'Red' Solaris as this trilogy continues. - Alan Deutschman, Author of Change or Die Bourne Morris' long career in academia pays dividends to the reader in behind-the-office-door details and drama that bring life to Meredith 'Red' Solaris's dilemma as interim dean to a squabbling groups of cheats and scoundrels. One of them has killed her friend, the former dean, and as the ethics professor - and the ethical backbone of this vel-Red Solaris is compelling as she stumbles through her new role and toward the truth. - Lori Rader-Day, Author of The Black Hour A racy and delightful peek into academia's darker corners. Bourne Morris clearly kws this microcosm as well as anyone, and lucky for us, she also kws how to turn a phrase, twist a plot and spin one hell of a yarn. - Ben Rogers, Author of The Flamer This first mystery in a trilogy by Bourne Morris, an academic herself, is more biting than comedic. Dean Solaris, the eponymous 'Red Queen, ' is a well-developed character who should go the distance in a trilogy. Other characters ring true as well, and the evolving romantic interest is particularly well-done. - Heather Hardy, Dean of the College of Liberal Arts, University of Nevada, Re Books in the Meredith Solaris Mystery Series: THE RED QUEEN'S RUN #1 Part of the Henery Press Mystery Series Collection, if you like one, you'll probably like them all...
- Author(s)Bourne Morris
- PublisherHenery Press
- Date of Publication09/12/2014
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHenery Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight435 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.