All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $27.06Trending at AU $27.49
- AU $11.52Trending at AU $12.78
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.59
- AU $12.50Trending at AU $13.20
- AU $23.07Trending at AU $30.59
- AU $30.24Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $10.86Trending at AU $13.87
About this product
- DescriptionThe Red Shoes is a dramatic excursion into the realm of the soul with analyst Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estes. Using an ancient tale deeply rooted in our collective psyches, Dr. Estes illuminates how people fall prey to destructive impulses while seeking to balance their inner lives. In our culture, she begins, we may travel life's path in one of two ways: in handmade shoes, crafted with love and care according to the unique needs of the individual soul; or in Red Shoes, which promise instant fulfillment, but ultimately lead to a painful, hollow, and split existence. Drawing from real-world examples such as the tragic death of Janis Joplin, Dr. Estes analyzes the deeply seated needs that lead to addiction. By listening to your instinctive forces, she says, you can free yourself of the exterior traps that torment and destroy the soul. This is the way to construct a life that is uniquely your own; a life made by hand. The Red Shoes is a treasury of ideas and counsel, threaded with magical storytelling, about the complete life each one of us deserves to lead.Additional contents: The Internal Predator; how instincts are injured; learning to say ; the exile; vulnerability and seduction; feral women; and more.
- Author BiographyClarissa Pinkola EstesClarissa Pinkola Estes, PhD, is an internationally recognized scholar, award-winning poet, diplomate senior Jungian psychoanalyst, and cantadora (keeper of the old stories in the Latina tradition). In addition to her international bestseller Women Who Run With the Wolves, Dr. Estes is a managing editor and columnist writing on politics, spirituality, and culture at the newsblog TheModerateVoice.com, and she is a columnist at The National Catholic Reporter online.
- Author(s)Clarissa Pinkola Estes
- PublisherSounds True Inc
- Date of Publication19/10/2009
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationLouisville, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSounds True Inc
- Weight82 g
- Width147 mm
- Height173 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time75
- Edition Statementabridged edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.