All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis concise sourcebook takes the guesswork out of locating the best sources of data, a process more important than ever as the data landscape grows increasingly cluttered. Much of the most frequently used data can be found free online, and this book shows readers how to look for it with the assistance of user-friendly tools. This thoroughly antated guide will be a boon to library staff at public libraries, high school libraries, academic libraries, and other research institutions, with concentrated coverage of: Data sources for frequently researched subjects such as agriculture, the earth sciences, ecomics, energy, political science, transportation, and many more; The basics of data reference along with an overview of the most useful sources, focusing on free online sources of reliable statistics like government agencies and NGOs; Statistical datasets, and how to understand and make use of them; How to use article databases, WorldCat, and subject experts to find data; Methods for citing data; Survey Documentation and Analysis (SDA) software. This guide cuts through the data jargon to help librarians and researchers find exactly what they're looking for.
- Author BiographyJulia Bauder is the Social Studies and Data Services Librarian at the Grinnell College Libraries in Grinnell, Iowa, USA. Bauder holds a master's degree from the School of Library and Information Science at Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan. Before becoming a librarian, she spent several years as a freelance writer and editor of reference books.
- Author(s)Julia Bauder
- PublisherAmerican Library Association
- Date of Publication30/12/2014
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintALA Editions
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight254 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.