Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $21.76Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.31Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $26.97
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a timely and unique overview of the 16 diverse federal states that make up the reunified Germany. The essential data for each state is provided in this easy-to-use reference. The demographics, geography, history, recent politics, ecomy, architecture, and teworthy sites, people and culture, memorial sites, and traditional cuisine are surveyed in turn. This is an invaluable resource for students studying German and Germany, travelers, and teachers. A clear introduction explains the new Germany in historical and regional context. It has been claimed that Germany is a post-national society, but regions are still a primary basis of identity for many Germans and one of the main references points in daily life and politics. Part of Germany's reconstruction came through re-creation and identification with historically remolded regions. This work offers a needed summary of the results thus far.
- Author BiographyDieter K. Buse is Professor of History at Laurentian University, Sudbury, Ontario, and the coauthor of Modern Germany: An Encyclopedia of History, People and Cultures, 1871-1990 (1998), among other works.
- Author(s)Dieter K. Buse
- Date of Publication30/06/2005
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Note38 photos, 17 maps
- Weight608 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.