Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionThe earliest of the Exeter episcopal registers to survive, Bronescombe's is a general register with a single chrological sequence of letters and memoranda on many aspects of diocesan administration. It also contains copies of charters by, among others, king Henry III and his brother Richard, King of the Romans, in his capacity as Earl of Cornwall. Volume I of this edition (which supersedes the unsatisfactory one of 1889) contains a substantial introduction and a full transcription of the Latin text of folios 2-26, with a modern translation on the facing pages; it will therefore be of value to students of medieval Latin as well as ecclesiastical and legal historians. Two further volumes are to follow. O.F. Robinson is Douglas Professor of Roman Law at the University of Glasgow.
- PublisherBoydell & Brewer Ltd
- Date of Publication22/06/1995
- LanguageEnglish & Latin.
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleCanterbury & York Society
- Series Part/Volume Numberv.82
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published1995
- ImprintCanterbury & York Society
- Content NoteCloth over boards
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byO.F. Robinson
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.