All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.00Trending at AU $50.44
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.09
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $30.94
- AU $37.76Trending at AU $39.42
About this product
- DescriptionThe Regulation of DNA Replication and Transcription explores basic processes of DNA replication and transcription in an effort to identify the mechanisms responsible for the release of genetic information and its role in the regulation of cellular events. Concerned with discovering the fundamental concept that might integrate and explain the wide range of existing lines of evidence, the author reports and interprets the results of experiments conducted in an impressive range of biological systems. Focused on complex mechanisms at the biochemical level, these studies allow analysis of the pathways involved when cells, organs and animal systems react to various trigger molecules derived from both living cells and exogeus sources. These include hormones, RNA, RNA fragments, alkaloids, actimycin D, and phorbol esters, as well as chemical carcigens and drugs. Combining the results of these studies with his own extensive work in this field, the author is able to formulate a uniquely integrative biochemical model for the gene expression, demonstrating that both biological and chemically synthesieed molecules can trigger the differential release of information from the DNA and thus influence cell transformation. Apart from its academic significance, the model offers high potential assistance in the search for ways to induce or control the expression of certain genes and, moreover, to promote differentiation of given cells in vitro as well as in situ.
- Author BiographyMirko Beljanski, PhD (1923-1998) was a biochemist and biologist who spent most of his career at the Pasteur Institute, where his research focused on cell biology and mechanisms of carcinogenesis. He published 133 scientific papers over the course of his career and, in 1960 he was awarded the Charles Leopold Mayer prize for outstanding work on RNA synthesis as the basis of cellular multiplication. He is regarded as one of the founding fathers of the field of environmental medicine
- Author(s)Mirko Beljanski
- PublisherDemos Medical Publishing
- Date of Publication01/03/2013
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDemos Medical Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.