All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.92
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.14
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of essays deals with the question of slavery, and how the South in particular responded to the problem. Subjects covered include: the Constitution and slavery, slave rebellion (Denmark Vesey Uprising), attempts to banish all blacks to Africa, attempts to expand slavery in the United States and overseas, and the division in the South over whether to secede from the Union or t.
- Author BiographyWilliam W. Freehling is the Singletary Professor of the Humanities at the University of Kentucky.
- Author(s)William W. Freehling
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication18/07/1996
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight494 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.