All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the country's foremost relationship expert and New York Times bestselling author Dr. John M. Gottman comes a powerful, simple five-step program, based on twenty years of invative research, for greatly improving all of the relationships in your life--with spouses and lovers, children, siblings, and even your colleagues at work. <p/>Gottman provides the tools you need to make your relationships thrive. In The Relationship Cure, Dr. Gottman: <p/>- Reveals the key elements of healthy relationships, emphasizing the importance of what he calls emotional connection - Introduces the powerful new concept of the emotional bid, the fundamental unit of emotional connection- Provides remarkably empowering tools for improving the way you bid for emotional connection and how you respond to others' bids- And more! <p/>Packed with fascinating questionnaires and exercises developed in his therapy, The Relationship Cure offers a simple but profound program that will fundamentally transform the quality of all of the relationships in your life.
- Author BiographyJohn M. Gottman, Ph.D., is the cofounder and co-director of the Gottman Institute, along with his wife, Dr. Julie Schwartz Gottman. He is also Professor Emeritus of Psychology at the University of Washington in Seattle and the recipient of numerous national and international awards for his groundbreaking relationship research. His work has been featured on many national television shows, including The Oprah Winfrey Show, 20/20, Dateline, and Good Morning America. His previous books include the national bestseller The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work and Raising an Emotionally Intelligent Child. <p/> John Gottman and Julie Schwartz Gottman founded the Gottman Institute to provide educational materials, therapist and couples workshops, and therapy to couples and families. <p/> Joan DeClaire is a freelance writer specializing in psychology, health, and family issues. She lives in Seattle.
- Author(s)John M. Gottman
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication01/08/2002
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCrown Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine19 mm
Most relevant reviews
- 1110evans04 Jun, 2013by
great read, love this book, it has taught me alot. this is the first book ive read in a long time and would recommend it to anyone out there
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $44.08Trending at AU $51.53
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $19.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.