All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCommunication is an art. Couples thrive when they learn to listen deeply, understand completely, and validate one ather compassionately. They are happier when they honestly share their perspectives and feelings, learn to disagree, and trust one ather to support and strengthen each other and t injure or ridicule. <p>But as Dr. David Hawkins shows, many couples try to win arguments, t to understand each other. They defend themselves, promoting their own opinions and blaming one ather. When all else fails, they retreat into silence. <p>What's the answer? This user?friendly manual helps readers recognize their common but ineffective patterns of relating. It offers more constructive alternatives as well as practical steps couples can take to... replace defensiveness with vulnerability and compassion develop more transparency and sincerity achieve greater trust and emotional intimacy <p>Readers will see their marriages transform as they develop new skills in the art of communication.
- Author BiographyWith more than 35 years of counseling experience, David Hawkins, PhD, has a special interest in helping individuals and couples strengthen their relationships. Dr. Hawkins' books, including When Pleasing Others Is Hurting You and Dealing with the CrazyMakers in Your Life, have more than 350,000 copies in print.
- Author(s)David Hawkins
- PublisherHarvest House Publishers,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/03/2007
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationEugene, OR
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvest House Publishers,U.S.
- Weight113 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.