All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $96.38Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.69
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an enthralling saga of rags-to-riches on the eve of the First World War. September, 1914. Eighteen-year-old Daisy Gilbert is the star seamstress at Mrs Evans' prestigious gown shop in Southampton. Hard-working and well-liked by customers, she has also started to take on a few private clients to supplement her family's meagre finances. Daisy's ambition, ultimately, is t to marry her sweetheart, Jack, who works at the docks, but to set up her own dressmaking business. When her beloved father, ill with TB, is advised a stay at a private nursing-home, Daisy determines that she will find the money to pay for it. So a suggestion from one of her clients, the flamboyant Mrs Cummings, that she should work evenings as a waitress at the Solent Club, one of the town's upmarket brothels, is tempting. Though her mother is horrified, Daisy takes up the offer, reassured that she will only be working behind the bar. Young, incent and beautiful, Daisy proves popular with the Club's clientele. But with success come further temptations, and danger too from some of the town's less-reputable inhabitants. Will Daisy be able to care for her father, and preserve her own virtue?
- Author(s)June Tate
- PublisherSevern House Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication09/10/2009
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Place of PublicationSutton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSevern House Publishers Ltd
- Weight408 g
- Width141 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.