All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionOur environment and society is threatened by fuel shortages, a changing climate and energy wars. In our race for survival we are awakened to the simple truth that the essential condition of sustainability lies in our ability to live within the limits and renewability of natural resources. It invokes within us an urgent need for transition from an obsolete, destructive and unsustainable energy path to a sustainable path of invation, renewable energy and peace. The good news is that the techlogy required to make this transition is already available. From an author with over thirty years' experience campaigning for and setting up renewable energy projects around the world, this book is unique for its interdisciplinary approach-interweaving techlogy, ecomics, environmental science, philosophy, history, spirituality and politics, asserting that to understand the crisis and find a sustainable solution requires a holistic perspective. Readers will understand the vast renewable resource we have at our disposal in the form of solar, wind, water, heat and biogas, and the techlogies used to harness this power. There are also the emerging prospects of solar hydrogen fuel cells, biofuels and geothermal. The true ecomic advantages of a shift to a renewables-based ecomy (and how we can get there) are also laid out clearly. There's much to learn from examples around the world while we devise local and appropriate solutions. Written for a crossover readership of students, educators, professionals, academics, activists and policymakers, both nationally and internationally, this is a comprehensive but readable and practical book that will inspire readers to wake others up to our renewable solutions.
- Author BiographySajed Kamal, EdD, teaches in the Sustainable International Development program at Brandeis University and has been involved in the field for more than thirty years as a lecturer and consultant internationally, setting up projects in the United States, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Armenia and El Salvador. He is also an award-winning poet, artist, educational consultant, psychotherapist, translator and published author of a dozen books and many articles in a wide range of areas. In 2007, he was awarded Boston 'Mayor's First Annual Green Award for Community Leadership in Energy and Climate Protection' and in 2008, a 'Lifetime Achievement Award' by the U. S. Environmental Protection Agency, New England Region. The 'Greener Issue' of The Boston Sunday Globe Magazine on September 28, 2008, featured him as one of the 'Six local heroes whose work is having rippling effects-at home and far away-in making the world a better place.'
- Author(s)Sajed Kamal
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/10/2010
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEarthscan Ltd
- Content NotePhotographs, figures, diagrams, index
- Weight453 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.