All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.32
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionLucy Tunstall's striking debut collection features a cast of characters ranging from Paul Muldoon and Marianne Moore to Aunt Jane, who fell in love 'in 1956, or thereabouts', and Cousin Gillian, who keeps the family's long-case clock in her caravan ('Some people do t think this is an appropriate arrangement'). Using a variety of registers and forms, including dramatic mologue, lyric, collage and found text, Tunstall explores poetry's negotiations of truthfulness and theatricality, accuracy and artifice. Perceptive and humorous, but never sentimental, she reaches into the deep emotions that lie beneath inhibition and the conventions that govern ordinary and extraordinary lives.
- Author BiographyLucy Tunstall was born and grew up in London and now lives in Bristol with her two sons. She is a doctoral student at the University of Exeter.
- Author(s)Lucy Tunstall
- PublisherCarcanet Press Ltd
- Date of Publication30/09/2014
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCarcanet Press Ltd
- Weight122 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.