All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionResearch and Qualitative Interviews brings into focus the decisions that the interviewer faces by taking a data-led approach in order to open up choices and decisions in the process of planning for, managing, analysing and representing interviews. The chapters concentrate on the real-time, moment-by-moment nature of interview management and interaction. A key feature of the book is the inclusion of reflexive vignettes that foreground the voices and experience of qualitative researchers (both vices and more expert practitioners). The vignettes demonstrate the importance of reflecting on and learning from interactional experience. In addition, the book provides an overview of different types of interviews, commenting on the orientation and make-up of each type. Overall, this book encourages reflective thinking about the use of research interviews. It distinguishes between reflection, reflective practice and reflexivity. All the chapters focus on recurring choices, dilemmas and puzzles; offering advice in opening out and engaging with these aspects of the research interview.
- Author BiographySteve Mann is Associate Professor at the Centre for Applied Linguistics, University of Warwick, UK. He previously lectured at both Aston University and University of Birmingham. Steve supervises a research group of PhD students who are investigating teacher education and development. He contributes sessions on research interviewing for the Doctorate Training Centre at the University of Warwick.
- Author(s)Steve Mann
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication13/03/2016
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight438 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.