Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $74.97Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $12.53Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $28.95Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $12.15Trending at AU $14.05
- AU $12.23Trending at AU $15.03
About this product
- DescriptionJuly, 1936. Vanessa Cole, torious for her scandalous affairs with the rich and famous, has returned to her parents' home after the collapse of her second marriage. Rumours are rife as the family gathers to celebrate the 4th of July at the Adirondack Camp deep in their privately-owned wilderness, The Reserve, only to be interrupted by Jordan Groves, who brazenly lands his bi-plane on the pristine Second Lake. Groves is easy prey for Vanessa's blend of electrifying charm and destructiveness. But in order to protect his two young sons and his marriage, he must try to keep his distance. Especially when it becomes clear that Vanessa carries a deeply scarring family secret.
- Author BiographyRussell Banks is the critically acclaimed author of The Darling, Cloudsplitter, The Sweet Hereafter (the film by Atom Egoyan won the Grand Prix and International Critics Prize at the 1997 Cannes Film Festival), Rule of the Bone and Continental Drift, amongst others. A winner of numerous fellowships and prizes, he writes regularly for Vanity Fair, New York Times Book Review, Esquire, and Harper's. Russell Banks currently lives in upstate New York.
- Author(s)Russell Banks
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication06/04/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.