The Resource Management and Capacity Planning Handbook: A Guide to Maximizing the Value of Your Limited People Resources by Jerry Manas (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $58.43Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by grey_elk_books_au_and_uk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $44.48+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.92
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $46.99
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the definitive guide to maximizing limited resources to invate and grow. Trying to accomplish too much with too few resources has become almost customary in business today. More often than t, though, all that we accomplish is delayed projects, mass confusion, and missed opportunities - t the achievement of business goals. The Resource Management and Capacity Planning Handbook helps you tackle the critical challenges of resource management and capacity planning head on by providing a proven tool for making the leap from chaos to control: the Capacity Quadrant, a framework for addressing visibility, prioritization, optimization of existing resources, and integrated planning and governance. The Resource Management and Capacity Planning Handbook demystifies the complexities of resource capacity and demand management and offers clear ways for maximizing your limited resources to drive business growth and sustainability. This groundbreaking guide includes: the latest benchmark data from a comprehensive study of resource management; case studies from organizations that have used the book's methods with great success; tools for overcoming common barriers and making decisions involving time capture, resource assignments, and competing priorities; recommendations on ownership of the organization's resource management and capacity planning functions; considerations for addressing the human side of resource management and capacity planning. The Resource Management and Capacity Planning Handbook gives you the information, insight, and proven methods to take your company where it has never been before. Praise for The Resource Management and Capacity Planning Handbook: There are lots of leadership books, scores of human resources books, and plenty of project and portfolio management books. This is the first book dedicated to what is essentially the drivetrain of organizations - the effective use of its people toward its most important activities. This is Manas' best and most ambitious book yet. (Judith E. Glaser, CEO, Benchmark Communications, Inc.; Chairman of The Creating WE Institute; and author of the bestselling Conversational Intelligence). Jerry's book and the Capacity Quadrant model he outlines give you a realistic view of your workforce and an approach to maximizing the 'people power' in your organization that's easy to understand and apply. It could very well help transform your company and make you a hero in the process! (Dave Garrett, President and CEO, ProjectManagement.com). Unlike lifeless products, people skills and capacity are difficult to measure and vary widely between 'good' days and 'bad' days. Manas steps nimbly through this minefield with solid evidence and practical advice - all laced together in an easy-to-read style. (R. Max Wideman FCSCE, FEIC, FICE, FPMI). It didn't take me too long into reading when I realized how much we really needed this book. I wish we had it when we started implementing Resource Capacity Planning and Investment Planning. I will make sure all of my staff members have copies. (Gary Merrifield, PMP, Manager, IT Project Delivery and Quality Assurance, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana). A great guide to the most important topic in management: how to maximize your limited people resources. (Hans Heuschkel, Senior Business Intelligence Analyst/Project Manager, Swiss insurance company).
- Author BiographyJerry Manas is a bestselling author and recognized thought leader in organizational project and resource management. He is also Senior Editor and Research Consultant for market leading portfolio management firm, Planview. His work has been highlighted in a variety of publications, including the Houston Chronicle, Chicago Sun Times, National Post, Globe and Mail, Huffington Post, and others. You can follow him on Twitter @jerrymanas.
- Author(s)Jerry Manas
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/11/2014
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleBusiness Books
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Weight478 g
- Width162 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.