All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $20.16Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $29.55
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume of Recent Advances in Phytochemistry is the Proceedings of the 1979 Annual Meeting of the Phytochemical Society of North America held August 12-15 at Northern Illiis University, DeKalb. It contains a series of exciting chapters which start with the potential use of plant products as fuels and medicinals, their possible effects in carcigenesis and use in steroidal hormone synthesis. The volume continues with a series of chapters which examine the importance of plant constituents in the breeding and selection of corn, cruciferous vegetables, soybeans and citrus fruits. All the contributions illustrate the wide importance of research which improves the health and the ecomic and social well being of mankind. The authors are to be congratulated on their lucid exposition of the progress of research in their subject area and for their patience while this book was being produced. The members of the Phytochemical Society of North America can feel proud of having ather of their excellent symposia series in print. It is fitting, therefore, that this volume is dedicated to one of the founder members of the Society, Ted Geissman, who has inspired so many of us with his wisdom, teaching and wonderful support of all our endeavours. He was a giant among phytochemists and is sorely missed by all who knew him.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/02/1981
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRecent Advances in Phytochemistry
- Series Part/Volume Number14
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note4 black & white illustrations
- Weight345 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byTony Swain
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1980
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.