All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionThe contemporary resurgence of Islam in all of its varied manifestations demands the attention of social scientists. This ground-breaking book provides a unique insight into resurgent Islam from the standpoint of sociology. Clearly written, and jargon free, the book aims to create a more comprehensive and balanced understanding of recent Islamic resurgence. Amongst the many themes explored, the book brings together in a single theoretical framework debates on the diversity of Islam, moderate and radical forms of Islamic belief, secularisation, the role of education and socialisation, the impact of globalization processes, and 'Islamic terrorism' and its causes Resurgent Islam provides a genuinely refreshing sociological alternative to the many politically loaded arguments on 'Islam and the West'. As such, it encourages deeper reflection on the causes of the current religious resurgence and associated conflicts. The book will be essential reading for students across the social sciences, and for anyone seeking to understand how Islam has risen to prominence in local, national, and global contexts.
- Author BiographyPhillip Sutton is Senior Lecturer in Sociology at Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen. Stephen Vertigans is Senior Lecturer in Sociology at Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen.
- Author(s)Philip W. Sutton,Stephen Vertigans
- PublisherPolity Press
- Date of Publication31/08/2005
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolity Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight530 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.