All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.31Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $75.04Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $60.83
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.62
- AU $12.55Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.82
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the remarkable qualities of Bola's short stories is that they seem to tell what Bola called 'the secret story', 'the one we'll never kw'. The Return contains thirteen unforgettable tales bent on returning to haunt you, most of them appearing in English for the first time here. Wide-ranging, suggestive, and daring, a Bola story is just as likely to concern the unexpected fate of a beautiful ex-girlfriend, the history of a porn star or two embittered police detectives debating their favourite weapons: his plots go anywhere and everywhere and they always surprise. Consider the title piece: a young party animal collapses in a Parisian disco and dies on the dance floor; just as his soul is departing his body, it realizes strange doings are afoot -- and what follows next defies the imagination (except Bola's own, of course). This treasure trove of disquieting short master-works from the giant of Latin American literature perfectly encapsulates 'the fact that Bola writes with such elegance, verve and style and is so immensely readable' (Guardian).
- Author BiographyRoberto Bolano was born in Santiago, Chile, in 1953. He grew up in Chile and Mexico City. He is the author of The Savage Detectives, which received the Herralde Prize and the Romulo Gallegos Prize, and 2666, which won the National Book Critics Circle Award. He died in Blanes, Spain, at the age of fifty.
- Author(s)Roberto Bolano
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication30/08/2012
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date23/05/2014
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Reading Age16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.