Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.29
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.70
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.66
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.67
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.62
About this product
- DescriptionThe Return of the Native (1878) followed Far From the Madding Crowd (1874) as the second of Thomas Hardy's great Wessex vels. Set in Egdon Heath, a barren, windblown place, The Return of the Native tells the tangled web of love relationships between four young people -- the wild Eustacia, gentle Thomasin, brutal Wildeve, and long-suffering Clym. Thomas Hardy began and ended his writing career as a poet. In between, he wrote a number of books that many readers find emotionally-wrenching, but which are considered among the classics of 19th Century British literature, including Far From the Madding Crowd, and Tess of the D'Urbervilles. Readers will experience Hardy's realism in The Return of the Native, but here, it is tempered with romance and redemption.
- PublisherAlan Rodgers Books
- Date of Publication01/12/2006
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationWoodlands Hills
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAlan Rodgers Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight650 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.