All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
About this product
- DescriptionFew twentieth-century authors can compete with J.R.R. Tolkien. More than three-quarters of a century after the publication of The Hobbit in 1937, his works continue to captivate millions of readers across the world. As a collection of papers delivered in 2012 at the Tolkien Society's international conference of the same name, The Return of the Ring is representative of the wide and varied responses Tolkien's works have generated over the decades. The first volume focuses primarily on Tolkien's life, examining the influence of war, philosophy, and religion on his mythology. The second volume is much more diverse, covering themes from medievalism and romanticism through to fantasy and modernity. With contributions from the likes of John Garth, Colin Duriez, Ronald Hutton, and Janet Brennan Croft, The Return of the Ring is essential for scholars and casual readers alike. About Return of the Ring Return of the Ring: Celebrating Tolkien in 2012 was a five-day conference organised by the Tolkien Society to mark the 75th anniversary of the publication of The Hobbit. Held at Loughborough University 16-20 August 2012, it brought together a unique mixture of fun, fandom and scholarship. In addition to the excellent selection of scholars featured in these proceedings, there were singers, re-enactors, artists, performers, figures from fandom and Tolkien's grandson. With around 500 delegates from across the globe, Return of the Ring was one of the largest Tolkien-specific events ever held and followed on from the Tolkien Society's earlier conferences in 1992 and 2005, which respectively marked the centenary of Tolkien's birth and the 50th anniversary of the publication of The Lord of the Rings.
- PublisherLuna Press Publishing
- Date of Publication09/06/2016
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLuna Press Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight358 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byLynn Forest-Hill
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.