All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $96.58
About this product
- DescriptionBlack's New Testament Commentary series presents a reliable and enlightening exposition of the New Testament for the modern reader. Written by highly respected biblical scholars, each volume offers a fresh translation; a paragraph-by-paragraph commentary providing insights into important historical, literary, and theological issues; and highlighted key terms and phrases. Pastors, students, scholars, and general readers will find this series to be an essential aid to understanding the New Testament. The Revelation of John, replete with visions, symbols, angels, monsters, and numerology, is unique among the writings of the New Testament in the demands it places upon its interpreters. Here, Ian Boxall offers a clear and lucid study of St. John's Apocalypse. Arising out of a critical awareness of the historical and theological issues surrounding the interpretation of Revelation, Boxall's exposition addresses the first-century context of this difficult book, takes seriously its visionary nature, and emphasizes its author's Patmos context. Attending to the overall structure of the work, Boxall engages with the Apocalypse's rich and varied reception history.
- Author Biography<b>Ian Boxall </b>(DPhil, University of Oxford) is associate professor of New Testament at the Catholic University of America. He previously taught at Stephen's House, University of Oxford. He is the author of <i>Revelation: Vision and Insight</i>.
- Author(s)Senior Tutor and Tutorial Fellow in New Testament Ian Boxall
- PublisherBaker Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/06/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Series TitleBlack's New Testament Commentary (Paperback)
- Series Part/Volume Number19
- Place of PublicationAda, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaker Academic, Div of Baker Publishing Group
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, maps
- Weight522 g
- Width140 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback / softback
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.