Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $14.24Trending at AU $14.43
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $72.58Trending at AU $75.11
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $14.94Trending at AU $19.85
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.23Trending at AU $23.93
About this product
- Description'No man is inscrutable, if you kw his thoughts', said Cuthbert Mann's father, as he sent him to Mr Liang to learn the Chinese language and culture. Cuthbert was born in Hong Kong, educated in England and he returned to China many years later, in the 1890s, as a Cultural Attache to the British Embassy in Peking. Amidst political turmoil and personal danger, Cuthbert sets out on his quest to find the heart of China. In the last few months before his return to England, he works with Major Thomas Garland-Llewellyn on intelligence gathering in Hong Kong and the two become firm friends. But it is only on the voyage home, on the P&O Steamship Rafella, that Cuthbert comes to understand the true meaning of his quest.
- Author(s)Peter S Hall
- Date of Publication08/12/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight413 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.