Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume with an introduction by Stanley G. Payne focuses upon the singular career of Ernesto Gimenez Caballero (1899-1988), a central figure in Spanish cultural life during the twenties and a harbinger of the fascist movement which menaced the nation in the years that followed. Gimenez Caballero was the celebrated editor of Madrid's Gaceta Literaria, a literary journal which fostered experimentation and introduced its readers to such figures as Federico Garcia Lorca, the futurist Filippo Marinetti, and even Salvador Dali. The Revolt of the Aesthetes seeks to link developments in the arts to the emergence of fascism in Spain. Its vehicle is Gimenez Caballero, but its scope encompasses much of pioneering aesthetic thought in Europe in the wake of the Great War.
- Author(s)Douglas W Foard
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/11/1989
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies, Series 9: History
- Series Part/Volume Number70
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1989
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight440 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.