All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOriginally published just months before the May 1968 upheavals in France, Raoul Vaneigem's text offered a lyrical and aphoristic critique of the 'society of spectacle' from the point of view of individual experience. Vaneigem defines the alienating features of everyday life in consumer society and explores the countervailing impulses that persist within that alienation. The present English translation was first published by the Rebel Press in 1983. This new edition has been reviewed and corrected by the translator and contains a new preface by Raoul Vaneigem.
- Author BiographyRaoul Vaneigem is a writer and a former member of the Situationist International and is a key theorist in the worldwide Occupy movement. His works include The Book of Pleasures, A Cavalier History of Surrealism, Contributions to the Revolutionary Struggle, A Declaration of the Rights of Human Beings, The Movement of the Free Spirit, and The Totality for Kids. Donald Nicholson-Smith is a former member of the Situationist International and a translator of the works of Guy Debord, Henri Lefebvre, Jean-Patrick Manchette, Thierry Jonquet, and Paco Ignacio Taibo II. He lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Raoul Vaneigem
- PublisherPM Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2012
- Place of PublicationOakland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPM Press
- Weight399 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.