All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive guidebook offers a detailed stage-by-stage description of this epic 1380km route along the Rhine, one of Europe's great rivers, which travels through six countries on its way from Switzerland to the North Sea. On its way, the Rhine Cycle Route passes the remains of Roman cities, medieval towns, castles, cathedrals, palaces, great cities of the industrial revolution and relics of 20th-century warfare. And it travels through a great range of stunning scenery. Starting in the Swiss Alps with high mountains, deep glacial valleys and gorges it soon reaches Europe's third largest lake, the Bodensee, and its greatest mainland waterfall. After Basel, the Rhine becomes a broad river, where straightening, flood dykes, locks and dams have created the world's busiest river trading artery. The middle Rhine, between Bingen and Koblenz, forces its way through the narrow rocky Rhine gorge lined by romantic castles perched above Germany's finest vineyards. The cycling is easy, downhill and along dedicated cycle routes. The countries visited are very cycle-friendly and the waymarking is excellent. And the whole trip can be completed in two weeks by a fit cyclist.
- Author BiographyMike Wells has been a keen long-distance walker and cyclist for over 20 years. He has walked all the major British trails, the GR5 from Lake Geneva to the Mediterranean and has explored the Italian Dolomites' Alta Via routes. He has also walked in Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Norway and Patagonia.
- Author(s)Mike Wells
- PublisherCicerone Press
- Date of Publication11/02/2015
- SubjectMotor Sports & Cycling
- Place of PublicationCumbria
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCicerone Press
- Content Note130 colour photos and 50 maps
- Weight290 g
- Width116 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.