All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.77
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
About this product
- DescriptionFor many people today the intimate connection that exists between the human being and the seasonal rhythms of the year has been lost. Emancipated from nature by the progress of modern techlogy, we have at the same time become alienated from the Earth's cyclical patterns. Our religious life, once so deeply embedded in and supported by the natural world, has increasingly lost awareness of the profound rhythm in the festive year. Only perhaps at Christmas time and at Easter does a vague memory survive of the inter-relationship between earthly and cosmic events. In this collection of festival meditations, Emil Bock explores ways to deepen our understanding of the Christian festive year. An active renewal of the festivals today can t only heighten our appreciation of the Earth as a living organism, but can provide new energy for humanity's social life. Above all, the festivals are opportunities for new understanding of the Christ mystery that is breaking through in our time - the revelation of Christ in the etheric world. Nature is awaiting its own redemption through the work of man. In this sense, Bock's meditations are a clarion call for humanity to awaken to the spiritual task of our age.
- Author BiographyEmil Bock (1895-1959) was one of the founders of the Christian Community in 1922, and led the movement from 1938 until his death.
- Author(s)Emil Bock
- PublisherFloris Books
- Date of Publication23/03/2000
- SubjectChristian Personal Testimonies
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFloris Books
- Weight517 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.