Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionTo millions of people in the world, rice is the center of existence, especially in Asia, where more than 90 percent of the world's rice is grown. This book is about the trends and changes that have occurred in the Asian rice ecomy since World War II, but particularly since the introduction of new varieties of rice and modern techlogy in the mid-1960s. Although there is w a vast amount of literature and statistical data on various aspects of the subject, single comprehensive treatment has previously been prepared. The Rice Ecomy of Asia t only provides such a treatment but also presents a clear picture of some of the critical issues dealing with productivity and equity --- as a glance at the table of contents will show. In addition to 18 chapters, there are an extensive bibilography, 150 tables, and 50 charts. The volume, as a whole, should be interesting and useful to decisionmakers at national and international levels, to professionals, and to students of development.
- Author(s)Beth Rose,Randolph Barker,Robert W. Herdt
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/1985
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintResources for the Future Press (RFF Press)
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight703 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.