All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first biography of the much-loved seventies actor Richard Beckinsale, who died on 19 March 1979 at the age of thirty-one. It looks back at one of the biggest stars of that decade through the eyes of family, friends and colleagues. With his star rising steadily, he died of a heart attack, alone at home. Adored by the general public, his death was one of the most shocking losses to British comedy of the late seventies, and since then there has never been an actor with the same incent charm as Richard Beckinsale. Nor did his popularity wane after his untimely death: repeats of the classic sitcoms Porridge and Rising Damp would keep his memory alive throughout the ensuing three decades. The Richard Beckinsale Story is an uplifting, but ultimately sad, tale of the life and death of a great talent. It is the compelling story of a man destined for greatness, but ultimately cut down in his prime.
- Author BiographyDavid Clayton writes for the Manchester Evening News, is the editor of Manchester City Magazine and has authored more than thirty published works. Among these have been numerous sporting biographies. He lives in Manchester with his wife and three young children.
- Author(s)David Clayton
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2009
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Weight240 g
- Width120 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.