Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.37Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.49Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.58Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionThis work focuses on the topic of freedom. The author starts with the old issue of free will - do we as individual human beings choose our conduct, at least partly independently, freely? He comes down on the side of libertarians who answer Yes, and scorns the compatibilism of philosophers like Daniel Dennett, who try to rescue some kind of freedom from a physically determined universe. From here he moves on to apply his belief in radical freedom to areas of life such as religion, politics, and morality, tackling subjects as diverse as taxation, private property, justice and the welfare state.
- Author BiographyTibor R. Machan teaches ethics at Chapman University and is a research fellow at Stanford University's Hoover Institution.
- Author(s)Tibor R. Machan
- PublisherImprint Academic
- Date of Publication14/12/2006
- SubjectPolitical Science & Theory
- Series TitleSocietas
- Place of PublicationThorverton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintImprint Academic
- Weight201 g
- Width135 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Trade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.