All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionThrough a comparative global study of countries from all continents representing a diversity of health, legal, political, and ecomic systems, this book explores the role of health rights in advancing greater equality through access to health care. Does health care promote equality, or does it in fact advance the opposite result? Does inserting the idea of 'the right to health' into health systems allow the reinsertion of public values into systems that are undergoing privatization? Or does it allow for private claims to be re-articulated as 'rights', in a way that actually reinforces inequality? This volume includes studies from countries such as the United States, United Kingdom, Brazil, Canada, The Netherlands, China, and Nigeria, among many others, and authors with expertise in the legal and health systems of their countries, making this a seminal study that allows readers to see the differing role of rights in various health systems.
- Author BiographyColleen M. Flood is a Professor and Canada Research Chair at the Faculty of Law, University of Toronto, and is cross-appointed to the School of Public Policy and the Institute of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation. Aeyal Gross is an Associate Professor in Tel-Aviv University's Faculty of Law. He is also a Visiting Reader at SOAS, University of London.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication07/01/2016
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight680 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byAeyal Gross,Colleen M. Flood
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.