Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionExploring the ideas of human rights according to the laws of Islam, this discussion examines the sanctity of life, murder, unintentional killing, the death penalty, abortion, suicide, and euthanasia. The arguments are introduced by Qur'anic quotations and Prophetic anecdotes and include practical examples of both medieval and contemporary applications. Relevant to the current international interest of multicultural perspectives on human rights, this analysis also covers security against unlawful arrest, freedom from torture, immunity against invasion of privacy, and restrictions imposed by the Shari'a on the exercises of these rights.
- Author BiographyM. H. Kamali is Chairman of the International Institute of Islamic Studies, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. He was formerly Prof of Law at the International Islamic University Malaysia, where he taught Islamic law fo over twenty years.
- Author(s)M. H. Kamali
- PublisherThe Islamic Texts Society
- Date of Publication03/07/2008
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleFundamental Rights and Liberties in Islam Series
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Islamic Texts Society
- Weight612 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.