All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHarperCollins is proud to present its incredible range of best-loved, essential classics. 'Instead of the cross, the Albatross About my neck was hung' When an albatross leads a stricken ship out of treacherous ice, a hapless mariner shoots the bird, arousing the wrath of spirits who pursue the ship. Haunted by Death, the crew begin to perish one by one, until only the cursed mariner remains to confront his guilt. As penance for his actions he is condemned to wander the earth, telling his tale to those he meets as a warning. The Rime of the Ancient Mariner is Samuel Taylor Coleridge's longest major poem and marks the beginning of the romantic movement in British literature. This edition also includes many of Coleridge's other works, including Kubla Khan, Christabel and a selection of the 'conversation' poems.
- Author BiographySamuel Taylor Coleridge, born in Devon in 1772, was an English poet, literary critic and philosopher. A close friend of William Wordsworth, Coleridge was also a member of the Lake Poets, and a founder of the English Romantic Movement. The Rime of the Ancient Mariner is among his best-known works.
- Author(s)Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication22/09/2016
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleCollins Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWilliam Collins
- Weight100 g
- Width111 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $34.44
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $20.37Trending at AU $22.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.