All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.61Trending at AU $31.89
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.04Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.75Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $19.76Trending at AU $20.49
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.41
About this product
- DescriptionDeep in a polluted city, a worker escapes his office for a sandwich on a park bench. But his moment's peace is shattered by a stranger - a seaman with a tale to tell...The Rime of the Modern Mariner is a recasting of Coleridge's famous poem - w, though, the fantastical voyage is one of environmental disaster. Stranded in the North Pacific Gyre - a vast, hypoxic maelstrom of plastic waste - the mariner comes face to face with the consequences of man's excessive consumption - in the form of wrathful gods, petroleum slicks and tsunamis, ghostly apparitions, and the great endangered creatures of the deep. Crackling with moral force, humour and pure craftsmanship, The Rime of the Modern Mariner is a beautiful book which confronts directly the burning issue of our time.
- Author BiographyNick Hayes (Author, Illustrator) Nick Hayes is the author of The Rime of the Modern Mariner, an updating of Coleridge's famous poem, and the visual biography Woody Guthrie and the Dust Bowl Ballads, both of which are among the most highly regarded of recent British long-form comics. He has also published two collections of his short comics, Lovely Grey Day and 11 Folk Songs. He is the founding editor of Meat magazine, a periodical showcasing new writing, comics and illustration - and has won two Guardian Media awards.
- Author(s)Nick Hayes
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication07/04/2011
- SubjectGraphic Novels: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJonathan Cape Ltd
- Content Notechiefly Illustrations (chiefly col.)
- Weight909 g
- Width149 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Illustrator(s)Nick Hayes
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.