Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.77
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.98
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
About this product
- DescriptionAt a small Humane Society in Southwest Colorado, Shelter Director Shane Hillard's world is turned upside down when a self-righteous volunteer is appointed to run the organization's change to -kill. As the Director struggles to understand the new philosophy, daily challenges threaten to rip apart the important work already accomplished. Compounding matters further, the number of animals needing PHS's help reaches, then exceeds the organization's capacity. But, it's t until the reputation of all dogs is challenged that Shane must stand up for what she truly believes in. Providing a rare and candid look into American Animal Shelters, The Ripple Effect explores the -kill debate, veterinary conflicts, the impacts of nationwide population imbalances, and other sensitive topics. Inspiring and revealing, The Ripple Effect weaves together the animals, the people and the issues in play across the country.
- Author BiographyMarcy Eckhardt, Executive Director and Founder of ProShelter Ltd. is an Animal Shelter advocate, consultant, fundraiser, and blogger.
- Author(s)Marcy Eckhardt
- PublisherRipple Effect
- Date of Publication18/04/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRipple Effect
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight367 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.