All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.65
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionBrands and logos are all around us - from the clothes we wear and the objects we buy, to the advertisements which cover our cities and the celebrities created by the media. We regard the brand as a new phemen, something born with the consumer society, but branding was born with civilization, its earliest examples dating to the Roman Empire.Branding is w a growing industry, applied t only to commodities but to charities, cities, the worlds of sport and entertainment, even government initiatives. Such is the ubiquity and power of branding that it is increasingly taken as a sign of the commodification of everyday life and the rapacity of corporate power. Examining the brand in history, the growth of national and global brands, the changing approaches of the branding industry and the exploration of new spaces for advertising, The Rise of Brands analyses exactly how brands develop and operate in contemporary society.
- Author BiographyLiz Moor is Senior Lecturer in Media and Cultural Studies at Middlesex University.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/10/2007
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerg Publishers
- Content Note20 b&w illustrations, bibliography, index
- Weight427 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byLiz Moor
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.