Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.23+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
About this product
- DescriptionWhat sets this text apart from many others is its focus on the socioecomic, political, and cultural milieu in which a new religious movement was born and has thrived; its discussion of the origins of Islamic law, spirituality and theology, mysticism, philosophy, and culture; and an appendix of individual page-length biographies of important figures. Also included is a helpful glossary of terms, a 'photo essay,' selections from primary sources, and an antated bibliography...Gordon's discussion of the sociocultural origins and authority of the Qur'an is very good. He also highlights an area of Islamic studies often igred in general introduction, the role of urbanization in the development of Islamic civilization worldwide...[T]his is a very useful and informative general introduction. -- The Historian
- Author BiographyMatthew S. Gordon is Associate Professor of History, Miami University.
- Author(s)Matthew S. Gordon
- PublisherHackett Publishing Co, Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/2008
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHackett Publishing Co, Inc
- Content Noteb/w illus
- Weight322 g
- Width6 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.