All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe third book in the Great Minds in Finance series examines the pricing of securities and the risk/reward trade off through the legends, contribution, and legacies of Jacob Marschak, William Sharpe, Fischer Black and Myron Scholes, and Robert Merton, influencing both theory and practice, answering the question 'how do we measure risk?'
- Author BiographyCOLIN READ is a professor of Economics and Finance, former dean of the School of Business and Economics at SUNY College at Plattsburgh, USA, and a columnist for the Plattsburgh New York Press Republican newspaper. He has a PhD in Economics, JD in Law, MBA, Masters of Taxation, and has taught Environmental and Energy Economics and Finance for 25 years. Colin's recent books include BP and the Macondo Spill: The Complete Story, The Fear Factor, Global Financial Meltdown: How We Can Avoid the Next Economic Crisis, The Rise and Fall of an Economic Empire: With Lessons for Aspiring Nations, and a book on international taxation. He has written dozens of papers on market failure, volatility, and the finance of housing markets, writes a weekly newspaper column, and appears monthly on a local PBS television show to discuss the regional and national economy. He has worked as a research associate at the Harvard Joint Center for Housing Studies and served the Ministry of Finance in Indonesia under contract from the Harvard Institute for International Development.
- Author(s)Colin Read
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication07/06/2012
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Series TitleGreat Minds in Finance
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight390 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $33.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.