All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.28
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.64
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.45
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.21
- AU $21.44Trending at AU $27.17
- AU $23.01Trending at AU $23.48
About this product
- DescriptionEnthralling. . . . From UV grenades to exploding stake bombs to a giant anti-vampire superweapon, the gadgets add a neat modern twist to the traditional stakings. Fans will devour the pages and thirst for the next volume. <i>Kirkus</i> Will keep teens who are undaunted by its 600 pages on the edge of their seats. Interweaving the stories of Jamie, Dracula, Frankenstein, and a mysterious man wandering the American desert, this book is closer to the elaborate works of Stephen King than many vampire vels marketed to teens. <i>VOYA</i></p><i>Sixteen-year-old Jamie Carpenter's life was violently upended when he was brought into Department 19, a classified government agency of vampire hunters that was formed to deal with a little problem . . . kwn as Dracula. But being the new recruit at the Department isn't all weapons training and covert missions. Jamie's own mother has been turned into a vampire and w Jamie will stop at thing to wreak revenge on her captors. Even if that means facing down Dracula himself. <i>The Rising</i> is a fast, furious, can't-turn-away thrill ride that will suck readers in just like a video game. This riveting second book in the Department 19 series is packed with cutting-edge gadgets, international locales, and daredevil action that tumbles ferociously across the page perfect for fans of Darren Shan and Anthony Horowitz.
- Author BiographyWill Hill (www.department19.org) is a former publishing professional who lives in London.
- Author(s)Will Hill
- Date of Publication25/07/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Series TitleDepartment Nineteen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight454 g
- Width137 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.