All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $14.24Trending at AU $14.43
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $14.94Trending at AU $19.85
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.23Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
About this product
- DescriptionLife in the Scottish Hebrides can be harsh - The edge of the world some call it. For the beautiful Kirsty Macleod, the love of Murdo and their dreams of America promise an escape from the scrape of the land, the repression of the Church and the inevitablility of the path their lives would take. But as the Great War looms Murdo is conscripted. The villagers hold a grand Road Dance to send their young men off to battle. As the dancers swirl and sup, the wheels of tragedy are set in motion.
- Author BiographyThis is the first novel from STV journalist and newsreader John MacKay ? John presents Scotland Today (6-6.30pm Mon-Fri on STV) ? and forms the first part in a trilogy. Born in Glasgow in 1965, he has drawn on the oral traditions of his Hebridean background to write The Road Dance ? a novel that sears itself onto the reader?s mind, a novel you can?t not respond to.
- Author(s)John Mackay
- PublisherLuath Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2004
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Series TitleHebrides
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLuath Press Ltd
- Out-of-print date25/11/2014
- Width110 mm
- Height176 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.