All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJoe Penhall's screenplay for the film of Cormac McCarthy's post-apocalyptic vel provides a gripping and unforgettable text for use in English at Key Stage 4. The vel won the 2007 Pulitzer Prize for Fiction and the the film starring Viggo Mortensen and Charlize Theron won praise for its faithful rendering of the vel's dystopian vision. This educational edition in Methuen Drama's Critical Scripts series has been prepared by national Drama in Secondary English experts Ruth Moore and Paul Bunyan. Building on a decade of highly effective work and publications endorsed by national organisations and supported by teachers and consultants across Britain, each book in the series: meets the new requirements at KS3 and GCSE (2010) features detailed, structured schemes of work utilising drama approaches to improve literary and language analysis places pupils' understanding of the learning process at the heart of the activities will help pupils to boost English GCSE success and develop high-level skills at KS3 will save teachers considerable time devising their own resources. The Road is set a few years after an unexplained cataclysmic world disaster has left the earth barren and hostile. It follows a father and son as they struggle to survive in a landscape where men either starve or join the marauding gangs of cannibals. Readers are advised that there are some scenes of a disturbing nature.
- Author BiographyAward-winning writer Joe Penhall was described by The Financial Times as 'one of the finest playwrights of his generation.' His debut at the Royal Court, Some Voices, won the John Whiting Award for best new play. His National Theatre play Blue/Orange won an Olivier Award, an Evening Standard Award and the Critics Circle Award for Best Play. Joe wrote and produced the BAFTA winning BBC serial Moses Jones and his feature film of Some Voices starred Daniel Craig and premiered in competition at the Cannes Film festival . This was followed by Enduring Love, also starring Daniel Craig, based on Ian McEwan's novel; and his adaptation of Cormac McCarthy's novel, The Road, starring Charlize Theron and Viggo Mortensen, which premiered in competition at the Venice Film Festival in 2009.
- Author(s)Cormac McCarthy,Joe Penhall
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication10/02/2011
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Series TitleCritical Scripts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMethuen Drama
- Content Note3 b&w photos
- Weight122 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edited byPaul Bunyan,Ruth Moore
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.73Trending at AU $24.58
- AU $77.81Trending at AU $79.42
- AU $125.98Trending at AU $129.33
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $182.05
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $74.18
- AU $34.20Trending at AU $35.80
- AU $87.91Trending at AU $88.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.