Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $17.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Road to Auschwitz is the autobiography of Hedi Fried, a fifteen-year-old living in Sighet, Romania, when war breaks out in 1939. In March 1944, Hedi's family, along with three thousand other Jews from her village, are confined to a ghetto, awaiting shipment to Auschwitz. In Auschwitz, amidst the horror, Hedi turns twenty, her sister, Livi, fifteen. As Hedi and Livi will later learn, their parents do t survive. In April 1945, the sisters are transported to Bergen-Belsen, two months before liberation. Upon liberation, Hedi renews her acquaintance with Michael, ather survivor from Sighet. They move to Sweden, marry, and eventually have three sons. It is the loss of Michael, when Hedi is only forty, that prompts this memoir. It took me forty years to realize that I am a witness and that it is my task to tell what I experienced.
- Author BiographyHedi Fried is currently a psychologist and therapist at a center in Stockholm for Holocaust survivors. Michael Meyer is known for his definitive translations and biographies of Ibsen and Strindberg.
- Author(s)Hedi Fried
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication01/06/1996
- SubjectAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLincoln
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight250 g
- Width3556 mm
- Height5182 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byMichael Meyer
- Translated byMichael Meyer
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $41.79Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $17.59Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.14
- AU $43.42Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $17.82Trending at AU $26.00
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.