All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt was after my last (fifth) visit to Bhutan that I felt compelled to express my thoughts about the country I had come to love. I knew that words would be inadequate to describe my precise feelings about this most special of places as such deep-seated feelings are almost impossible to express. In the expression, however, I knew that the emotion would come out and I make apology for that, for this is, in so many ways, a love letter. I shall be forever grateful that I have been privileged beyond measure to travel to such a unique country, to mingle amongst its special people, to experience their smiles, to make friends and to see the mountain vistas that only the Himalayas can provide. It is a very personal journey, a diary of journeys in part, a drawstring for my life as a whole, and my exploration of how faraway places closer to home perhaps spring boarded the leap to the last Shangri-La. In sharing those experiences I hope to inspire in the reader's mind that final spur needed for them to make this journey themselves. A journey that needs to, and indeed should be taken: the eastern Himalayas are calling!
- Author(s)Mark Swinbank
- Date of Publication09/12/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight413 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.00Trending at AU $50.44
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.09
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $30.94
- AU $37.76Trending at AU $39.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.