Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
About this product
- DescriptionThis fieldbook provides comprehensive information for principals and teachers in elementary and middle schools to administer, score and interpret climate measures as they engage in organizational and professional development. The authors present instruments to measure the climate of schools, a brief review of the conceptual underpinnings of each tool, scoring procedures, contemporary rms for climate assessment and strategies for change.
- Author BiographyWayne K. Hoy received his B. S. from Lock Haven State College in 1959 and then taught mathematics at Cheltenham High School in Pennsylvania. He received his D. Ed. from The Pennsylvania State University in 1965 and began his professorial career at Oklahoma State University. He moved to Rutgers University in 1968, where he was a distinguished professor, department chair, and Associate Dean for Academic Affairs. In 1994, he joined the faculty at The Ohio State University as an endowed professor, The Novice G. Fawcett Chair in Educational Administration. In January of 2013, he retired and is now a professor emeritus at The Ohio State University. In 1973, he received the Lindback Foundation Award for Distinguished Teaching from Rutgers University; in 1987, he received the Alumni Award for Professional Research from the Rutgers University Graduate School of Education; in 1991, he received the Excellence in Education Award from The Pennsylvania State University; in 1992, he received the Meritorious Research Award from the Eastern Educational Research Association; in 1996, he became an alumni fellow of The Pennsylvania State University; in 2001 he received the Research Award from the Ohio State College of Education. He is past secretary-treasurer of the National Conference of Professors of Educational Administration (NCPEA) and past president of the University Council for Educational Administration (UCEA). In November 2003, he received the Roald Campbell Lifetime Achievement Award in Educational Administration and in 2009 he was elected a Fellow of the American Educational Research Association. He is the author, coauthor, or coeditor of 24 books in the fields of research and theory, educational administration, decision making, leadership, and instructional supervision. Three of his recent books are Instructional Leadership: A Research-based Guide to Learning in Schools (2013), with his wife Anita Woolfolk Hoy; Educational Administration: Theory, Research and Practice (2013), with Cecil Miskel; and Improving Instruction Through Supervision, Evaluation, and Professional Development (2014), with Michael DiPaola.
- Author(s)C. John Tarter,Wayne K. Hoy
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication19/02/1997
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Weight658 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.