Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
About this product
- DescriptionThis book covers material for an undergraduate course in quantum mechanics. After an introduction to tensor calculus and a review of basic special relativity this work analyzes some aspects of Old Quantum Physics, including the Sommerfeld solution for the elliptic-relativistic hydrogen atomic model. Afterward, the reader is introduced to the Schrodinger equation when one-dimensional problems are analyzed and solutions for different potentials are examined. Harmonic oscillator is treated by two different approaches to illustrate different approaches for physics problems. Hydrogen atom solution is obtained and refined after approximation techniques are introduced. In the conclusion, the real Hydrogen atom is analyzed using approximation methods, including relativistic corrections for Schrodinger formalism.
- Author(s)Nelson Maia
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication13/08/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight404 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.