All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionThe Road to Total War examines the various factors that impelled leaders on both sides of the conflict in World War II to respond to immediate problems with actions resulting in effects that were often neither planned r foreseen. Both Great Britain and Germany drifted into an escalation that ended in the wholesale bombardment of cities and civilian populations, when neither had originally planned any such action, and serves as the author's lesson to show us how decision makers can respond once more to provocations and counter reactions. Emotional pressures, the fog of war, and judgments blurred by wishful thinking can produce decisions, even self-destructive decisions, and lead down an inexorable path to all-out, total war. More than thirty years after its initial publication, and to celebrate RAND's 60th Anniversary, RAND brings this classic work back into print in paperback and digital formats.
- Author(s)Frederick M. Sallagar
- Date of Publication30/09/2007
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationSanta Monica, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight340 g
- Width200 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.